United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
Position: International Consultant
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall oversight of UN Women Deputy Representative, the consultant will conduct the following tasks:
A. Phase I: Preparatory
• Review different country reports on humanitarian and protection situation in Ethiopia including information on national PSEA network.
• design different required training manuals and handouts for the two mentioned trainings.
B. Phase II: Delivery
• Conduct ToT training on AAP/PSEA and CWC for 25-30 participants in Addis Ababa.
• Conduct general training on AAP/PSEA and CBP for 30 participants in Gambella.
C. Phase III: Reporting
• Develop a power point presentation on AAP/ PSEA based on the needs identified during the training for orientation purposes.
• Tested and approved training manual for ToT and short AAP/PSEA orientation sessions.
• Draft/Final training report
To apply please use the following link:
• Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
• Commitment to UN Women’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
• Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in protection work in humanitarian settings.
• Designing and implementing protection and AAP programming, including communicating with community’s programs, advocacy and/or beneficiary communication.
• Designing and implementing protection and humanitarian trainings and training material.
• Working in complex political and humanitarian contexts.
• Experience analysing data and information about context and affected populations, including mapping power structures; target stakeholders; information/communication flows; etc.
• Developing and implementing relevant information, consultation and complaints and feedback mechanisms.
• Working with and understanding of the international humanitarian and development systems, including the UN system.
• Communicating and reporting in English.
Education Level: Bachelor's
Job Experience: 5-10 years
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!